June 18, 2017

FROM PORTO TO PINHÃO BY BOAT





Boat trip through Douro from Porto to Pinhão

On Friday we woke up early and after breakfast, headed to the boat that was going to take us from Porto to Pinhão. I was little bit worried about being on a boat for 9 hours, since I sometimes get sick in the car while driving it, haha! Boats are like hell to me. But it wasn´t that bad. The boat was so wide and sailed in such a slow speed, so there was no rocking what so ever.

The scenery was breathtaking! All the wine yards, hills, small villages, it was just beautiful! And I didn´t get bored in the boat. We passed nine bridges (I think it was nine? Now I can´t remember...) and a few dams. It was so cool!

The trip was about 80 euros per person, so it wasn´t cheap, but it included breakfast (I couldn´t eat it, because it was just bread, so it was a good thing we ate an early breakfast at the hotel) and a lunch, with some dessert. And a glass of wine was 1,20 euros, so not bad my friends, not bad at all.

In the morning it was a bit chilly outside, so we sat inside the boat for a while. When the Sun came out it was super warm and I even got a little color on my skin. 

We arrived at Pinhão at 5 pm and had about an hour before the train would take us back to Porto. Pinhão was charming! It was a small village, with the small houses that you can see in Portugal, but there was something more about that place. It was in the middle of wine yards and mountains. I want to go live there, haha!

The train ride back was a bit rough, we were so tired after the day in the Sun and just wanted it to be over with. The train ride was about two hours and when we arrived to Porto, we just went back to our hotel and ate in their buffet and went to sleep. 

I really liked that boat trip, so if you are about to travel to Porto, you might want to consider it. You can see all the wine yards near Douro and just enjoy your day in general. One of your über drivers told us that he loves that boat trip so much he had done it three times already this year, haha! 

Enjoy your Sunday, loves! 

-V

12 comments:

  1. A kind of article I'd love to see on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well send me an e-mail, maybe we can co-operate :-)

      Delete
  2. Everything is so beautiful! Add Portugal to the list of places I need to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Portugal was so awesome! Definitely need to go back there as soon as possible!

      Delete
  3. You just gotta love the Mediterranean. It has its own charm you can't find anywhere else in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, there is something about that area. Makes you just fell in love with it...

      Delete
  4. WOW I have some serious travel envy. And also I must complement your fashion sense. LOVE it :) xoKitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kitty! That is so sweet of you :-)

      Delete
  5. Boats are always better. I suffer from motion sickness too doesn't matter if I am travelling by car or plane, it just happens. Boats are so fun. the fresh air and scenery makes it all worth it. I love BOATS. And you look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad to hear that :-( Motion sickness is the worst! But the scenery is totally worth it!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I will answer asap :)